Sunday, June 30, 2013

THE Surgery

Soooo the surgery came and went!  I am one week post-op and feeling absolutely fabulous!  I am actually surprised how great I feel.  Don't get me wrong, I did have major surgery and a few rough days.  I still can't pick up any toys or anything off the ground.  I'm okay if this is prolonged :)  My little girl is 19 pounds and technically I am not suppose to lift anything heavier than 15 pounds, but she is one and we all know how that goes.  I am trying to limit it though.  I have been vlogging a bit on YouTube.  I will post one here because it has been extremely helpful to me in the weeks leading up to the surgery and even now on what to do, eat, buy, etc.  I met a girl, Sara in my support group and she said she was vlogging and I was like "what is that????"!  I have to admit I have been a bit of a video addict.  I just love seeing the real deal. 

So far the hardest part of this journey has been the liquids.  LIQUIDS, LIQUIDS, LIQUIDS!  I feel like I will never see the end of them.  I am on complete liquids for 2 weeks.  Then pureed for 2 more, then soft foods for 2 more weeks.  I am finally to a point that it does not hurt to drink, so that makes me happy.  Much easier to get the 80 grams of protein and 60 or so ounces of water.

sleeve-gastrectomy-surgery-WLS

My energy level is back up, but I still get a little winded here or there walking up stairs or around the neighborhood.  Probably because I am super out o' shape!  Working on that :)  I have lost 17 pounds in the last three weeks, including the pre-op diet. Yay!  Hopefully I will never see those pounds again!!  Here is a little more from my journey this week.  Here is my channel if anyone is interested.

Here's to getting healthy!
-Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment