Thursday, July 18, 2013

One Month Post-Op!





I am feeling great!  22 lbs. lighter and a great energy level.  Much better than the few weeks after the surgery.  The magnitude of what I have done, has come to be.  I am happy with my sleevy.  I know that for the entire remainder of my life I will be forced to eat less.  I know that this is just a tool and if I abuse it, it will not work.  The best part is if I choose the right way to eat and live, it will work.  Even now, my relationship with food has changed.  It is a job to consume.  I only put things into my body that are of good quality and that I know will give me the nourishment I need.  Protein, protein, protein is what I have been focusing on.  But I need to expand that now that I am back on my feet.  Things I am working on...

  • Slowing down when I eat!
  • 75 grams a protein a day (based on my weight)
  • 70 ounces of water a day (this is hard)
  • More calories (I have been averaging about 600 a day, sometimes less, sometimes more.  I need like 800-900 or my weight will be hindered)
This journey takes a lot of concentration and for someone like me with a very busy life that can be difficult. I found this awesome resource for a post-surgery menu.  http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/highland/departments-centers/bariatrics/bariatric-diets.aspx
I also want to upload some of my newest video's about what I eat and things to focus on.


Carry on!
-CB

No comments:

Post a Comment