Thursday, May 2, 2013

A very good place to start...my life in pictures.



I'm starting this blog to document my feelings, challenges and successes on my journey to becoming a healthier me.  The method...the Sleeve, or formally known as the Sleeve Gastrectomy.

So here's the Skinny on the Sleeve...

First my life in Pictures, because don't pictures say a thousand words?

Me as a pretty cute kid.   My daughter and I look so much alike.  Secretly one of my worst fears is my daughter struggling with her weight like I have done for most of my life.  I only hope to raise her actively and with good habits.


 

I started gaining weight when I was about 12.  I would eat like 3 bowels of cereal a day or more.  My mom cooked good dinners every night.  And I was on swim team.  When I was 16 I weighed over 200 lbs.  My father was diabetic and went on a system called Optifast.  He lost a ton of weight and so I asked if I could do it too.  I lost 40lbs and created good habits on 5 shakes a day, then lost another 30lbs on my own.  I worked out almost everyday, took tennis classes and never ate fast food.  I entered my senior year of high school weighing my lowest ever 136lbs.  It was the best year ever, first kiss the summer before, senior prom, then college!

My first boyfriend and first kiss.  I was 17, late bloomer.


This was me my senior year of college, I pretty much gained most of it back over that 5 year span.  When I was about 26-27, I started to get my booty in gear again. 

  One of my best friends.  We were single traveling buddies.  Went on several cruises, a trip to Italy, Vegas, Hawaii...I LOVE to travel!  And always will!

 The parental units and my younger brother (still single ladies! 36 and just a big, funny, teddy bear).  This was after I lost about 40lbs on Isagenix.  Awesome program and a small chunk of change. At least $200 a month, 2 shakes a day, plus hot yoga and kick boxing classes 5 times a week.  I looked awesome and felt incredible.  I think I got down to a 16, about 170lbs.

I looked so great and had so much confidence.  It was TIME to meet the hubby!  I was 30, he was 30, I knew he was the one after one date.  I moved to Portland 6 months later and we got engaged.  Married 6 months after that.

The above two pictures were taken in Lake Tahoe during my nieces wedding.  My father was the greatest man I have ever known. This was the last time I saw my dad and the only time my husband got to meet him.  He passed 5 months before we got married.  I am a daddy's girl, so this was VERY hard for me.



My Wedding Day!

Hood to Coast 2008!  I ran this about 6 months after I got married.  It was tough, but I loved it! One of the most memorable and unique experiences I have ever had.  My brother is next to me on the left.  I had always wanted to be a runner and I sure attempted it here.  A slow 12-13 minute mile.  I have a lot of junk in the trunk if you know what I mean, so when I run I just feel heavy.  But I still loved it!

Me Pregnant with the Boss
Me after baby #1, gained 60 pounds. 4 years later... never could get the weight off.  But love this boy and he sure keeps me busy.
Me with my best friend, a couples only trip to Hawaii.  Had a blast!  But this was the first time I traveled where my weight really affected me.  I wasn't able to hike very good or go on the Kayak tour (exceeded the weight limit).  Had to make up some lame excuse why we could not go because I was so embarrassed.

Even tried to reinvent myself by cutting off all of my hair.  Didn't work...I worked out almost everyday this summer, barely made a dent.

Our trip to Alaska, brrrrr!  As you can see here we both have gained some weight, the marriage 20?  More like 70 pounds total for me.

Me preggers with little miss S. 
Me after two babies, 80 pound gain from when I got married.  119 pounds up from my lowest ever in high school.  I now weigh 255, that's a lot of weight for my little 5'4" frame.  This was taken about 6 months ago.
If you would have asked me a year ago or any other time before that if I would consider weight loss surgery.  I would have told you H. E. double hockey stick NO.  I am not sure what changed my mind to start considering it.  Maybe that it would break my heart to lose a bunch of weight and spend a bunch of money, all just to gain it back again.  Or maybe because I am pre-diabetic.  Or maybe because I have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea.  But I tell you what, now I cannot get it off my mind!


CB


No comments:

Post a Comment