Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Jekyll and Hyde of it.



 On this adventure you will feel torn.  In the beginning it was easy, I just wanted to find out more information and to see if I could even afford it.   As I found out more information, I was not sure if I even wanted to continue.  Was it right for me? Too drastic? Could I do it on my own, would I gain it back?  Many thoughts crossed my Gemini mind.  Then I was torn if should even tell people.  How would they react?  Would they talk me out of it, would they talk me into it? Well remember I am a talker, so I did, I selected a few people to tell.  There was one person I wanted tell who is obese like myself, but I was nervous so I just put some feelers out there and asked, "what do you think about weight loss surgery?"  Reaction...  "No way, that's the easy way out.  I would never do that! ". Okay, so I did not tell them that day.  After I invited them to read my blog, they called and told me they support me 100%.  One person I told, stopped and gave me a big hug and said I fully support you, I just want you to be happy. People are going to have different reactions, so have all your facts and information gathered so you can answer questions.  You might want to wait until you have at least made your decision or even until you have gotten the final approval.  So you can be confident and sure in your decision.  Because I guarantee, you are going to have doubters and people trying to talk you out of it or tell you things and their opinions of how it is bad and the wrong thing to do.  I was prepared for this.  I am sure...



When all is said and done, this is YOUR decision! And it is a big one.  So don't make it quickly.  This is why I started writing a blog, to help myself through this process.  It's why I interviewed people, friends and strangers.  It's why I attended support groups to hear people talk about it, challenges and successes.  I looked on Facebook for groups just to read comments.  I gawked at Google, pined through Pinterest, tip toed all over Tumblr, etc.  I read every little single brochure, pamphlet and literature the doctors offices had in their waiting rooms or was given.  Because that it what I do to help me make decisions.  I am an information gatherer.  So that is what I did.




I also have faith in my life, so I prayed.  I prayed a lot.  And then I was at peace and I knew it was the right decision.  Whenever people are not religious and they are trying to make a decision, this is how I advise them.  Instead of going back and forth every minute, hour, day, just decide.  Make your decision, either way, yes or no, just make it.  Then see how you feel.  If you were to decide one way and you feel regret, feel stress, sadness, doubt.  Then after a day or so decide the other way, what do you feel?  If it is peace, calm, confident. Then that is your answer.  Easy peasy no matter how big the decision is.

Cheers to being confident and sure of our decisions,
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment